Board Minutes & Agenda
Glen Carbon Centennial Library District
198 South Main Street
Glen Carbon, IL 62034
THE LIBRARY BOARD MEETS THE 4TH MONDAY OF EACH MONTH AT 7:00 pm
Board Meeting Agenda
Monday, November 30, 2015
Call to Order
Recognition of Visitors –
Accept or correct minutes:
- 10.26.15 Board Meeting
- 11.5.15 Finance Committee Meeting
- 11.16.15 Personnel Committee Meeting
- Review of Closed Meeting Minutes as required by OMA
- October 2015 Financials
- Financial Signatures
- Report on Banking Ordinance
- Discussion of E-pay
- Director Job Description
- Director Job Posting
- Approval for Expenditures for Job Search
- Review Probationary Policy
- Review Performance Evaluation Policy
- Notice of Availability of Audit – signature by Board Secretary required.
- CY 2016 Library Closure Dates
- 2016 Board Meeting Dates
- (a) Per Capita grant application – Required review by Trustees of Chapter 5 – Technology “Serving Our Public 3.0: Standards for Illinois Public Libraries, 2014 (75ILCS 10/8, 1.1) Question number 5
(b) Per Capita – Review library’s finance and fiscal climate, identify and describe how library funds are currently used to support educational programs and training opportunities for patrons. Discuss how the library fosters resource sharing and provide an example.
Question Number 8.
(c) Describe how the library plans use grant monies in order to meet standards in the most recent edition of “Serving Our Public 3.0: Standards for Illinois Public Libraries, 2014.
- Designate a temporary trustee to receive Madison County Board of Review and Madison County Clerk correspondence.
- Appointment of Director Search Committee
- Provide to trustees the most recent Glen Carbon Centennial Library District Long Range Plan.
- Request from Glen Carbon Elementary to name the library as the emergency evacuation backup location.
There will be no Regular Board Meeting in December, 2016
The next scheduled Board Meeting is Monday, January 25, 2016.