Virtual Knitting Group via Zoom
Knitting Classes for Beginners w/ Greta Pastorello
The washcloth in the pictures measure 8X8.5 inches
Approximate time required: 2 Classes of 1h and 30 min. (It may be required to knit a little bit in between classes, depending on individual speed and beginning level and if familiar or not with the needle/yarn handling).
– One pair of knitting needles US 7
– 1 skein of cotton yarn for use with US 7 knitting needles. Yarn used in project was Peaches & Crème: Stripey. Can be purchased at Walmart, Michael’s, JoAnn’s, and other big stores that sell yarn.
– Tapestry needle suitable for knitting projects (metal or plastic)
– Measuring tape (in case also a ruler will work fine)
– Suggested-one crochet hook H8 (or suitable for the yarn size we are using). The crochet hook is useful to help correct mistakes, like when you have a dropped stitch to pick up.
Skills and information you will learn:
Type of yarn and care
Type of knitting needles and useful accessories for knitting
Garter stitch and/or Seed stitch
Pick up dropped stitches
Weave in ends
I-Cord and place a button