Virtual Knitting Group via Zoom
Knitting Classes for Beginners w/ Greta Pastorello
Project: Coasters Option A/B or both (according to your choice and/or beginning level)
The washcloth in the pictures measures 4X4 inches
Approximate time required: 2 Classes of 1h and 30 min. (It may be required to knit a little bit in between classes, depending on individual speed and beginning level and if familiar or not with the needle/yarn handling).
– One pair of knitting needles US 7
– 1 skein of 100% cotton yarn for use with US 7 knitting needles. Yarn used in project was Peaches & Crème. Can be purchased at Walmart, Michael’s, JoAnn’s, and other big stores that sell yarn.
– Measuring tape (in case also a ruler will work fine)
– Suggested-one crochet hook H8 (or suitable for the yarn size we are using). The crochet hook is useful to help correct mistakes, like when you have a dropped stitch to pick up.
– Optional-Tapestry needle suitable for knitting projects (metal or plastic).
Skills and information you will learn:
Type of yarn and care
Type of knitting needles and useful accessories for knitting
Cast on/Bind off
Knit (garter stitch)
Increase and decrease stitches
Pick up dropped stitches
Weave in ends