Virtual Knitting Group via Zoom
Knitting Classes for Beginners w/ Greta Pastorello
Project: (Super Warm) Neck Wrap with Buttons
The project measures when open is roughly 9X32 inches.
Approximate time required: 2 Classes of 1h and 30 min. (It may be required to knit a little bit in between classes, depending on individual speed and beginning level and if familiar or not with the needle/yarn handling).
– One pair of knitting needles n.13
– 2 skeins of Super Bulky yarn for needles n.13 (Sample uses: Wool Ease—Thick & Quick, by Lion Brand Yarns. Can be purchased at Walmart, Michael’s, JoAnn’s, and other big stores that sell yarn.)
– Tapestry needle suitable for knitting projects (metal or plastic)
– Measuring tape (in case also a ruler will work fine)
– Suggested-one crochet hook approximate size (or suitable for the yarn size we are using). The crochet hook is useful to help correct mistakes, like when you have a dropped stitch to pick up.
– Two buttons of your choice to decorate, diameter approx. 1 1/4 to 1.5 inch (make sure the tapestry needle you use can fit into button holes, for this purpose metal tapestry needles are better as they are a bit thinner).
Skills and information you will learn:
Type of yarn and care
Type of knitting needles
Knit (garter stitch)
Pick up dropped stitches
How to join a new skein
Weave in ends
Sewing seams in knitting projects
Place buttons on a knitted piece