Virtual Knitting Group via Zoom
Knitting Classes for Beginners w/ Greta Pastorello
Project: Phone Cozy. Option A/B
(Option B requires a bit more work)
The Cozy in the pictures, measures when closed, 4X7.5 inches. (a slightly bigger size can be chosen at the beginning of the first class)
Approximate time required: 2 Classes of 1h and 30 min. (It may be required to knit a little bit in between classes, depending on individual speed and beginning level and if familiar or not with the needle/yarn handling).
– One pair of knitting needles no.7
– 1 skein of Cotton yarn for above needle size (Sample piece made with: Peaches & Creme(brand) Stripey(type). Can be purchased through Walmart, Amazon, etsy, ebay.
– Tapestry needle suitable for knitting projects (metal or plastic)
– Measuring tape (a ruler would work fine too)
– Suggested-one crochet hook approximate size H-8, or similar size. The hook is useful to help correct mistakes, like when you have a dropped stitch to pick up.
– Optional, only for finished project Option B: one button of your choice, diameter approx. 1 inch (make sure the tapestry needle you one can fit into button holes, in this case metal needles are better)
Skills and information you will learn:
Type of yarn and care
Type of knitting needles and useful accessories for knitting
Measuring a swatch
Knit (garter stitch)
Pick up dropped stitches
Weave in ends
Sewing seems in knitting projects
(For Option B: I-Cord and place a button)