Youth Services Librarian
The Glen Carbon Centennial Library District is looking for a creative, energetic, tech-savvy, and service-oriented team member for our Youth Services Department. This person will:
- Work as part of the Youth Services team to solve problems and implement the goals of Glen Carbon Centennial Library District.
- Plan and promote library programming for children, ages 0-18.
- Provide reference and readers’ advisory services.
- Actively promote library services, materials, and programs to patrons.
- Assist patrons with a variety of technology services.
Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree and experience working with children preferred. The Youth Services Librarian will be required to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the library, including evenings and weekends. S/he will have an interest in and understanding of children and young adults in order to provide appropriate services.
Experience with website content management is a plus.
$13.00-15.00 per hour, 40 hours per week. This position includes a full benefits package.
Glen Carbon Centennial Library
198 South Main Street
Glen Carbon, IL 62034
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter or job application to Christine Gerrish, Library Director, by Friday, February 5, 2021
If you are interested in becoming a Library volunteer, please fill out our volunteer application and return it to the library or submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org