Duties and Responsibilities:
- Empty book drops and check-in materials
- Shelve library materials and file newspapers and magazines in proper sequence
- Shelf-read and rearrange materials on shelves to ensure that they are in order
- Dust books and shift and balance shelves and files when necessary
- Perform related work as required
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Some knowledge of general library practice or ability to acquire such knowledge
- Ability to learn the operation of simple office and library equipment
- Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions
- Good physical condition and ability to perform moderate lifting without adverse physical effect
Qualifications for Employment:
- Attendance at, and a good academic record in high school or comparable/higher institution of learning
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Hours: 10-12 per week, including evenings and weekends. Additional hours may be available on as needed basis.
Beginning salary: $8.25/hr.
Review of applications continues until position is filled.
If you are interested in becoming a Library volunteer, please fill out our application and return it to the library or submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org