Library Page Position Available
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Empty book drops and check-in materials
- Shelve library materials and file newspapers and magazines in proper sequence
- Shelf-read and rearrange materials on shelves to ensure that they are in order
- Dust books and shift and balance shelves and files when necessary
- Perform related work as required
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Some knowledge of general library practice or ability to acquire such knowledge
- Ability to learn the operation of simple office and library equipment
- Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions
- Good physical condition and ability to perform moderate lifting without adverse physical effect
Qualifications for Employment:
- Attendance at, and a good academic record in high school or comparable/higher institution of learning
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Hours: 12 per week, including evenings and weekends. Additional hours may be available on as needed basis.
Beginning salary: $8.25/hr.
To apply: submit a resume and the names and contact information of three references to Anne Hughes, Library Director, firstname.lastname@example.org find an application online at glencarbonlibrary.org under About Us.
Review of applications continues until position is filled.
Download Application (Application form may be saved and attached to other submitted application materials.)