The Glen Carbon Centennial Library offers free limited Notary Public services for the benefit of the residents of our community. It is recommended that all requestors seeking Notary Service call the library prior to their visit to ensure that a Notary is available at that time.
The following guidelines will be followed in the provision of notary service:
The Library does not charge a fee for Notary Public Services to Glen Carbon Library card holders. If you do not have a Glen Carbon Libary card, there is a $1.00 charge per notary signature.
• Notary Service is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis and is not available at all times.
• Notary Service is not available 15 minutes before the library closes.
• The requestor must provide the Notary with a valid form of photo identification, such as a current driver’s license, military ID or passport.
• The library provides only basic Notary Public Services. The Library is not able to notarize more than 3 documents per person per visit.
• Documents to be notarized must be in English.
• Notary Publics cannot certify true copies of passports or drivers licenses.
• Notary Service is not available for Mortgages or other Real Estate Closing documents.
• Certain public documents cannot be copied and notarized. Examples of these are birth certificates, death certificates and marriage certificates.
• The Library does not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from staff or customers using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
• Notaries will not provide service if the requestor, document or circumstance of the request for Notary Public Service raises any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Notary Public may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Public Service.