The Junior Friends of the Library are putting together a Library Coloring Book and they need your help! Youths in Grades K-12 can submit their original artwork to be printed into a coloring book! Submissions will be collected until Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 8pm.
- Submissions must be made by Youths in Kindergarten through Grade 12.
Submitted artwork must be in black and white, with minimal gray accents, as the coloring book will not be printed in color. Color submissions will be turned away.
- There must be something identifiable on the page to color. This can be shapes, original characters, block letters, etc.
- We will only accept original artwork submissions. For legal reasons, we cannot accept submissions that include fan recreations of licensed characters (ex. Captain America, Disney Princesses, etc.) no matter how much we love them.
Physical submissions must be no larger than 9 inches by 12 inches to accommodate the Library’s scanning abilities. Submissions larger than the accepted size will not be taken.
- Submissions smaller than 5 inches by 5 inches may be edited to fit onto a page with other smaller submissions.
Digitally drawn entries can be sent via email to: email@example.com
- Digital entries should be no smaller than 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels to maintain image quality.
- Digital entries must be in .PDF, .PNG, .JPG, or .JPEG formats.
- Digital entries may be edited by the Library to fit the page for printing.
Artwork must be appropriate. As a public library serving children and youths, we reserve the right to not accept material that would be inappropriate for all ages to consume.
Submissions may or may not be added to the final product. We are grateful for all submissions, but retain the right to not include any submissions for any reason.
Sign your work – we want to credit the amazing artists! (Signature does not have to include full first or last name).
Get creative! This coloring book is made by the community – let’s showcase all of our interests!
If you have questions or submissions, feel free to reach out to the Youth Services Librarian, Sam Lego, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org